Friday, January 11, 2013

Good news!!

So, after waiting forever (it seems like), we FINALLY got the go-ahead to start with our IVF process! I was beginning to think my body would never be ready! Words cannot describe the feeling of excitement I got when I listened to our nurse give us the good news! I had to go in the day before for an ultrasound and some lab work and everything came back the way it should!

We have a tentative schedule (things can change depending on how my body responds to the medicines), but we are aiming for the egg retrieval and transfer to take place the week of February 11th (my birthday week!!). I know I've said this before, but I absolutely LOVE our nurse. There's a little flexibility in the timing (I've started taking birth control pills until we're ready to move to the injections), but she made sure to schedule a time for us that our doctor would be on call (in case it needs to happen over the weekend). I'm sure all the doctors there are wonderful, but you kind of become familiar with the same doctor you've been seeing for 2 years.

Glenn and I have a class we have to go to in about a week and a half... and the doctors appointments begin after that! I know it's going to be crazy, and I'm sure my planner will become my new BFF. We already have a fridge FULL of meds, ready to go. We were incredibly blessed... the majority of our meds were given to us by our nurse (amazing lady). When I came in to pick them up, she pulled me aside and explained she has a soft spot for teachers. Her sister is a teacher and had a difficult time getting pregnant. She's seen first hand the struggle, emotionally and financially. Me, being the baby I am, broke down like a crazy woman.

I am just so incredibly excited.. and hopeful. I was talking to a co-worker this morning and she told me all we need to do now is "get the prayers a-rollin'.". Everything else is starting to fall in place. Glenn and I are so thankful and overwhelmed by all the love, encouragement, and support from all our friends and family. We appreciate all the kind words, messages, hugs, prayers.. it means more to us than you'll ever know.

On the way home from the grocery store today, Glenn turns to me and says, "You may have a big belly in a few months." Romantic, huh? I told him I hope it's because we're pregnant and NOT because I've overdosed on Girl Scout cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations!! I'll be praying that things go smoothly for yall! I can't imagine going through all of this and I think you (and Glenn) are so strong!!! Praying!!! :)

    ReplyDelete