Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cooper

So, I'd love to tell you that I've spent the first month of my summer vacation traveling, being productive, getting organized for the new school year, etc. Unfortunately, that has not been the case! Sadly most of my days consist of watching Beverly Hills 90210 and Grey's Anatomy reruns. I've also been spending a lot of quality time with this guy!

Glenn and I have been ready to start decorating the nursery for Cooper, but we had to wait until this week to find out if we were having a boy or girl.. and it's a GIRL. We would have been THRILLED either way! Glenn called it as soon as we found out we were pregnant, but I was convinced I was having a boy. Strike 1 against my maternal instinct, huh?


 Cooper Starr will be her name! Cooper is my mother-in-law's maiden name and Starr is a family name on my Dad's side. It was my great grandparents last name, and it also happens to be my Dad and sister's middle name. So let the bows, zebra print, and girly girl stuff begin! As soon as we found out it was a girl, we went to pick out a few things, including a paint color to match the bedding we liked. We had already picked out what we wanted if it was a boy or girl. We decided to go with a lavender color. It's hard to tell from this paint can, but it's the best I can do for now! We have a bookshelf and a trunk my grandparents gave me that we will do in a mint green color.

Glenn's taking a week off of work, starting tomorrow! We are hoping to get a good bit of stuff done in Cooper's room. I'd like to try to get most of it ready before school starts in August. Those first couple months of school are SO busy that I know I won't have time for much else. THEN, after those initial first few months, it won't be long till Cooper's here. We have a lot to do... But at least we have some time!

We (or I should say Glenn), finished painting the bathroom. We went with a blue color and fish theme. We're still waiting on a few things -- I ordered a seahorse towel hook from Etsy and we haven't put the rugs down yet. I might also get some fish wall clings to add a little more to the room too.


We are beyond excited to get everything ready for Baby Cooper. It's so exciting to think about how different our lives will be this time next year. I thank God every night for the tiny miracle growing in my belly. We are just so happy!! And already so in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment